Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Christmas Ornaments Card








I must admit to becoming slightly obsessed with shaker cards at the moment, but let me tell you, I am beginning to hate micro beads with a vengence!  They start to jump out of the pot as soon as you open the lid and even when you try to tip them out as carefully and slowly as you possibly can, as soon as they hit a hard surface (even from a milimeter away) they bounce like hailstones on a tin roof . . . micro beads EVERYWHERE!!  I have four other pots that I haven't opened yet, and I'm afraid to!
Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all your comments!
Supplies used:

Dies - Spellbinders
Embellishments - Micro beads, sequins (all from my stash)
Edit: 
I have been asked a number of times now about exactly what dies did I use and how did I make it.  The answer is not a simple one - it's simple enough to do, but a little complicated to explain in words - so the best thing I can do is to give you some links to some very good videos on how to make a shaker.

The dies used are an older set and I do believe it is no longer available, however, there tons of similar dies out there by most of the die companies (including new ones from Spellbinders)
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PQySngnwiQ

All shaker cards use basically the same techniques, so although they are not the same, all the same principals apply




Ornament







No comments: