Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tutorial on Unmounted SU! stamps

Tutorial on Unmounted SU! stamps - as shown by Michele Tisler

I have had so many people ask me how I mount my Stampin Up! stamps since I don't use the wood mounts that come with them.

The stamps come with the foam cushion already attached to the rubber. When I get my stamps I apply the image sticker to the foam cushion and then trim my stamp.




After I have trimmed the stamp I then coat the foam side with Aleene's Tack It Over and Over adhesive. This allows the stamp to be placed on an acrylic mount time after time without losing the tack on the stamp.

I also use CD jewel cases for storage for my stamp sets. I am able to see the stamp images through the cases and I also use the box labels on the cases so I can easily flip through my cases when they are stored to find the sets that I am looking for.




This makes storage so much simpler when you don't have a ton of space for all those stamp sets you just couldn't pass by. I love SU! stamps...I just don't have the space to accommodate all the wood that comes along with them.

No comments: