Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dog Training Video Clip


‎"Does Jynx want a treat?" Mali says NO! ;) Jynx & Mali work together on this one. :) It took them about 3 days of training different elements of this trick to put it all together. Jynx already knew "platz" (to down) but I had to teach him to put his head on the floor and keep it there. Mali knew "sitz" (to sit) and to shake, I just had to keep getting her to put her left paw on Jynx by getting her to "shake paws" on that side and then drop her paw on his head and leave it there (I then encouraged it by marking, then rewarding). She got WAY more "creative" with her body placement as the training session went on, it was SO hard for me not to laugh, haha! I am going to work with Mali to only put her paw on Jynxie's head and not SIT on him as she gets bigger and clean the trick up a little more, but this is still too cute. Every time they got the 'free' after doing well, they both hit the food jackpot, by the way. Good job puppies!!!
Like · · 42 minutes ago · 













  • Cheryl Goede Seriously, he is THE BEST. He really wants to please, so does she, but it's harder to get her attention sometimes (I think due to her breed, age and temperament...her attention span is way short). Luckily, he has enough patience to balance that out. His focus is perfect. PERFECT! <3 NOW, I need to think of another trick to teach them. I'm liking them doing tricks together. :)
  • Cheryl Goede ^^BTW, It's actually better for ME that Mali is that way...it's teaching ME a lot more to figure out how to motivate her. But when she gets it, she GETS IT. Throws herself into in 110% :)

    • Donna Kilbourn Walts Bruffey Love it, love it, love it!! They are SO cute, and SOooo smart! I love watching these little training videos, as it helps me to learn about what I need to ask of my almost 7-month GSD. I finally got a GREAT back - sit, then back up each time I say "back" -, now I want to try to have her do a "back" with hand signals only. She's extremely smart, so it shouldn't take much, but she can be a tad bit stubborn at times. Thank you for these clips! :)
     

No comments: