Today's card features two great techniques – Stained Glass Technique and Double Embossing Technique!
The first technique I used is the Stained Glass technique on the flowers. Using the Secret Garden Stamp Set, I stamped the images on Vellum Cardstock using Whisper White Craft ink then heat embossed the Whisper White embossing powder. Next, I flipped the stamped images over and colored the back side using the Stampin' Markers in a range of various shades which where blended using a blender pen to create the allusion of a Stained Glass window. The outer edges of the flower petals were shaded with a pale shade and as I shaded the flower towards the center the colors became darker. The photo on the right is a close up of the Stained Glass flowers with the Pearl Jewels.
The second technique I used is the Double Embossing Technique. This technique can be a challenge but it is amazing when it turns out the way you expect. To start, I created a positive space cardboard "template" the approximate oval shape of the Designer Frames Oval and I also created a 2nd cardboard "template" with a negative space also in an oval shape. Using the template with the negative space, I inserted the Whisper White Cardstock into the Chevron embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot. Then I took the positive space oval template and attached it to the Oval Designer frame. Next, I inserted the embossed Whisper White cardstock lining up the "negative" space on the Chevron embossed Whisper White with the "positive" space on the Oval Designer Frame embossing folder. Once I ran it through the Big Shot, the oval design was then embossed as the 2nd image on the Whisper White cardstock. This is a really cool look and I admit it took me plenty of tries to get it "just right" before I was happy.
The finishing touches include stamping a floral image using Pink Pirouette from the Flowering Flourishes stamp set and punching it out using the Large Oval punch. Next, I attached a banner featuring the saying from the Fabulous Florets stamp set with the "flagged" ends created using the 1" Square Punch. With the final embellishment added being Pearl Jewels to the center of each flower.
Of course, I had to finish the inside of the card as well. The inside of the card is layered with Pink Piroutte cardstock then Whisper White. On the Whisper White, I stamped two additional flowers from the Flowering Flourishes stamp set. The sentiment is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set. I choose the "mother" stamp because I just felt this card would be a perfect as card for Mom.
Pamela Staples blog
No comments:
Post a Comment