Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Card In A Box - by Deb Zenner




Z Fold Box by Deb Valder









card-in-a-box-cycle-celebration-birthday-basics-designer-series-paper-small-oval-punch-just-sayin-word-bubbles-framelits-2

Used Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper
and the Cycle Celebration Stamp Set
Small Oval Punch and Owl Builder Punch for Balloons

card-in-a-box-Zoo-babies-gorgeous-grunge

card-in-a-box-flower-shop-pansy-punch-sale-a-bration-sweet-sorbet 
Card-in-a-box-petite-petals-punch-sale-a-bration-sweet-sorbet

card-in-a-box-cycle-celebration-birthday-basics-designer-series-paper-small-oval-punch-just-sayin-word-bubbles-framelits-3    Card-in-a-box-deb-valder-z-fold-insert







REVISED NEW Z Fold CARD-IN-A-Box with Deb Valder


I'm so excited to show you my project for the day.  I've been waiting to show you this until after I taught it at my classes.  I'm sure you've seen one of these Cards-in-the-Box.  I've gotten a lot of inspiration from a lot of very talented stampers out there.  Hopefully this version will help you streamline this project.  So thank you to WHOEVER started this Card-in-a-Box craze it's so much fun – here is Deb Valder's Version!

  card-in-a-box-cycle-celebration-birthday-basics-designer-series-paper-small-oval-punch-just-sayin-word-bubbles-framelits 1 
 
card-in-a-box-cycle-celebration-birthday-basics-designer-series-paper-small-oval-punch-just-sayin-word-bubbles-framelits-2 
 
yep those are real dollars!
we are going to get right into it.
Here are a few more samples.
Used Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper
and the Cycle Celebration Stamp Set
Small Oval Punch and Owl Builder Punch for Balloons
too stinken cute!
Used Wetlands Stamp Set and
Zoo Babies with Gorgeous Grunge

and here I've used the bundles and the FREE Sale-a-Bration Paper
Flower Shop Bundle and Petitie Petals Bundle


Here is the Z fold to streamline your work!

These cards are so much fun and so addicting.  You can fill them with anything!!!  I've done one for a wedding, I've done one with a bouquet of GIFT CARDs for a bridal shower. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Measurements For Box


As promised on my video, here are the measurements!  the 2-4-6-8 box has been around since the Caveman days, it's so easy and it's one of the first things I ever did 15 years ago (we just had a bottom to it which meant there was one more score line).  It lent itself to this project!

MEASUREMENTS:
 
Box: 
Cut piece of cardstock at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (it's a half sheet of cardstock)
     Score this piece with the 5 1/2" side on top at 2 3/4"
Turn and with the 8 1/2" piece on top you are going to score to the MIDDLE LINE (at the 2 3/4" mark) and cut the rest of the way down
     Score at 2" then Cut
     Score at 4" then Cut
     Score at 6" then Cut
     Score at 8" then Cut
That's IT!!!  then put it together.
 
Insert:
 
Cut a piece at 2 3/4" x 8"
     Score at 1/2",   2 1/2",   3",   5"   5 1/2"   7 1/2"
     Fold into a Z with a flare (the ends of the Z are going to be going the opposite way) and POP it into your box.

Layered Pieces:
 
Back pieces – Cardstock 1 7/8" x 5 3/8"  and the DSP is 1 3/4" x 5 1/4"
Small Panels – Cardstock 1 7/8" x 2 5/8"  and the DSP is 1 3/4" x 2 1/2"















No comments: