Friday, March 27, 2015

Oval Frame Card by Sandy Hancock


Moon Lake

This oval card starts out going a different direction than  those I have shown you in the last two days.
OvalBrFront
Here is how you make the oval card going in this different direction.
  • Fold an 8 1/2"x 51/2" piece of c/s in half.
  • Place the oval onto the card stock like you see in the picture below and cut it out.
  • Score the oval at 2" since that is half of the width of the oval and fold it.
OvalBrTutIjpg      OvalBRTutII.jpg
OvalBrTutIII.jpg  OvalBrinside
I colored the tree in with Pear Pizzazz and highlighted in places with Garden Green.
I colored the boat in with Crumb Cake and highlighted it with Early Espresso.
I sponged the sky with Soft Sky over a punched out 1 3/8" oval.





Happy Easter Bunny Oval Scallop Card

Here is an Easter card with an unusual and interesting fold.
I have pictures below that show you how to cut and score.
Don't miss the tiny pearl in the center of his bow:)
EasterBunny
Here is the inside.
EasterBunnyinside
And here is how you make the card.  This is a different color, but you make the card the same. The folded edge is at the top of the card.
OvalNoII
Score at 2 1/2".
OvalTutTwo
Fold the card so that the smooth side of the folded half of the oval is up.
OvalTutII
1.  Score the 11"x 4 1/4" Blushing Bride card stock in half.
2.  Position the largest Oval Framelit a little above the fold so that a small part of the folded card stock will not be cut.  Run it through the Big Shot.
3.  Open up the card and place it on the Simply Scored Board.  Score one of the ovals at 2 3/4".
4.  Fold the smoother side of the scored fold away from you so that it will be the front of the card.
5.  Color in the card and then add it and the Soft Sky  ovals to the top fold of the card.
I used my Pool Party marker because my Soft Sky marker has disappeared!



Painted Blooms Oval Cards

You may remember seeing Carol Gonzales's card on line from the last quarterly meeting.  I loved the idea but didn't have the Something Lacy background stamp that she used. 
Soooooooooo...just like you, I decided to use something that I had.  And chose to use Painted Blooms Designer papers instead!
Here is Carol's original card where she beautifully uses the Butterfly Basics and Something Lacy stamps. Her color scheme is Calypso Coral.

CK-CarolGonzales
Here is my version using the Painted Blooms Designer Papers.  You could use any of the papers!
The color theme for this first one is Rose Red.
OvalRedRedink
And here is the second one with a Pacific Point color theme.
Ovalblue
Inside:
OvalBlueinside
Click here to see the tutorial and directions from yesterday.
Additional directions:
  • The only difference is that you will need to cut a large white oval as a support and backing for the large oval designer paper that will be adhered to it.   The DSP would too flimsy by itself.  Add these layers to the top front of the folded oval before you add the smaller oval layers.
  • Oh, I forgot to add the 1/2" Circle Punch to make the little stopper at the bottom of the card. I punched two circles and mounted them on a dimensional.




No comments: