Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Big Shot Scalloped Bag - By Rhonda Morgan

You can see the original at... http://www.rhondamorgan.typepad.com/ 17 February 2009


I was playing with my SU! Big Shot and the new XL scallop bag die and after making a couple with the regular size I decided to play around with just using pieces! So here is a quick version where I just put paper through it on the side panels - so they'd have the bottom flaps & side scores... I used the new eyelet border punch to create the decorative detail on the flap. And the super cute little tag is from the new 4pc SU exclusive tag set! It was easy peasy and you could do these with any width of DSP you wanted! I can see an ever wider version being made into a purse! This size does fit a gift card!

For today's sample:

Tea Party DSP,
SAB Saffron 5/8' ribbon,
linen thread,
Eyelet border punch
Sticky Strip Adhesive

Big Shot Machine
XL Scallop Bag die
Cutting Plates
SU Lots of Tags 4pc sizzlits die
Multipurpose Platform

For the side view: basically it uses the side panels punched from die, mounted to your "own panel" that becomes the front & back & bottom & top flap.

The Ribbon band goes around the top, which helps to keep the bag "closed"

There's so much that's new and I've yet to get to play with some (most) of it. Still more new sets to design with and DSP's to try... oh my!!

And OMG, today I totally went into excitemet over drive mode when I got a sneak peek at the Occasions Mini catalog that's coming in April! It's a nice perk as a demo'r to get to see things early (insert drool)! We can't post anything for you to see right now, but when I can, I most certainly will!

I hope to get some more stamping time tomorrow! Play play play,... I mean work, work work! Although with all of the school projects spread out everywhere, I will have to clean off some space to work!

No comments: