Tuesday, February 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Fun

A golden addition…
Filed Under (3D Projects, Holidays, Party Favor, Punch Art) by Samantha on 17-02-2009
http://rubberstampingdiva.com/


Pot O'Gold Punch Art

What’s a leprechaun with out his Pot O’Gold? This pair would make a cute card or scrapbook page (Pics from the St. Patrick’s Day Parades in Savannah or New York?) Or maybe on a sweet little treat box? Filled with chocolate coins? Yummy!

Details: The pot is the 1-3/8" Circle Punch, trimmed down, the edge of the pot is the Word Window Punch. This punch also provides the little stubby feet of the pot. The handle of the pot is a Large Oval with the Small Oval punched out of the middle. The gold inside is half of the Scallop Circle punched out of Brushed Gold cardstock. 1/4" Circles glued or attached with dimensionals, give it a 3-D effect.


Leprechaun Punch Art

It was just too easy to adapt the Punch Art Santa to a Punch Art Leprechaun! He’s basically the same concept…the face is smaller (1-1/4" Circle Punch) and for the moustache: I punched a 1" Circle, and feed this back into the 5-Petal Flower Punch (just like I do the hair for the Cheerleaders!) His hat is half of the Keytag Punch with the Word Window Punch as the brim. A little ribbon and a square of gold cardstock, complete his ensemble. I did add ears this time…it seems to me that with all that gold to guard, a leprechaun would need to have excellent hearing…again, I used the Word Window Punch.

Leprechaun (detail)


I stuck this cute little guy onto a peppermint candy (the other side is covered with gold cardstock) but he would be darling on a card, if you feel so inclined.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Thank you for this cute and useful design. I am looking forward to making some for my knitting guild.