Monday, November 30, 2009

Flower Soft - Make Your Own




You know the other day I said that I thought you could probably make your own polar white flower soft by grating styrofoam? Well, I decided to give it a try. It worked great! Click on any picture for a close up.

I bought some of these styrofoam balls at the dollar store



Then I simpley rubbed them together and let it grate itself! Here is a comparison of the styrofoam and the polar white flower soft



Then I wanted to try my hand at coloring it. I used some re-inkers and just laid some drops around a pile of styrofoam and then mixed it together with a pencil. It worked great!







I made a video showing you how I did it. It's quick, easy, fun, and a real money saver! Plus if you only need a little of a particular color you can make as much as need! Here's the video. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for looking!

EDITED TO ADD- The original video had to be edited and here is the revised video


No comments: