Happy New
Year! So happy to be sharing another year of my little creations with
you, thank you so much for all your comments, support and kind
encouragement over the last couple of years. I hope I can continue to
provide a little inspiration for you into 2014. So to kick things off I
wanted to share with you my version of the ‘Card in a Box’ idea that I
originally saw in a video by Monica Gale
(a UK Stampin’ Up! demonstrator). I loved the idea and went ahead and
followed her instructions to make one using the upcoming Sale-A-Bration
DSP Sweet Sorbet with the Petal Parade Stamp Set.
This is what I came up with on my first attempt.
I really
loved the idea but the finished folded card is too big for a standard
envelope, however you can certainly use the Envelope Punch Board from
Stampin’ Up! to make a coordinating envelope.
I am
always looking for ways to make things easier (and cheaper LOL) so
thought that with just a little tweaking this card could easily fit into
a pre-made Stampin’ Up! C6 envelope that we can purchase in the
Australian/New Zealand catalogue. This version of my card in a box is
made using the Gingham Garden DSP and the Backyard Basics stamp set from
Stampin’ Up! The Backyard Basics come with coordinating framelits
which make creating this card so much quicker than hand cutting out the
elements (which is how I made the Petal Parade version!)
This was my first real play with the Backyard Basics set and I have a feeling it won’t be my last!
The
writing panel for my version of this great card is a little narrower
than Monica’s version but you can still write heaps on it and you could
always write sideways along the length of the card!
I thought I
would do a video for the measurements of my modified version (finished
folded dimensions 4-1/4″ x 6″) for those crafters like me that don’t
always want to bother with a custom envelope.
I have another one of these Card in a Box creations with a ‘male’ theme that I will share in a post tomorrow.
Here is the 'male theme' one...
Here is the 'male theme' one...
My Father-in-Law had his birthday
yesterday and I decided he had reached a big enough milestone to deserve
a card with a little something extra …. so I made him one of the Card
in a Box ones. In case you missed the early tutorial post you can see
that one here.
Creating cards for boys is something I always struggle with but hope I did this one justice ….
My FIL is an avid fisherman (putting it
mildly) and has retired to the beach so I really couldn’t go wrong with
the By The Tide stamp set from Stampin’ Up! …. my only complaint….. all
that hand cutting LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment