Thursday, September 24, 2015

Winter Sleigh Ride Card by Anna Smith



Inspire Create Share Blog Hop featured project: Watercolor Christmas card using Sleigh Ride Edgelits and Jingle All The Way stamp set
I was just playing around one night and somehow this beautiful creation developed.When I started working with the Sleigh Ride thinlits, it struck me that I needed a beautiful wintery night sky background for the sleigh ride scene. Watercoloring has been one of my favorite techniques lately and it hit me that a watercolor background would be perfect. I think it definitely added some drama to the card.
Inspire Create Share Blog Hop featured project: Watercolor Christmas card using Sleigh Ride Edgelits and Jingle All The Way stamp set
To make the card, first I created the watercolor background and then added some glitter splatters to look like snow. Then I cut some whisper white cardstock using the Sleigh Ride Edgelits and added those pieces on top of the watercolor. As clear as mud? If you would like to see exactly how I made the card, check out this video.




Anna Smith's Blog


No comments: