Thursday, January 21, 2016

First Sight, by Sandi MacIver



Happy Stampers Sketch Challenge Jan 21-2016 from stampinwithsandi.com
I had a tough time again this week deciding on which stamp set to use, but a new set won out of course, the Stampin Up First Sight set on page 36 of the Occasions Catalog.  I combined with the beautiful Bloomin Heart Thinlits for my art piece (page 16 and there is also a lovely stamp set that goes with that as well – check out the bundle and save 15%).
Stampin Up First Sight Stamp Set card by Sandi @ www.stampinwithsandi.com

Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
  • I started by White Embossing that lovely flourish onto Shimmery White card stock.
  • Which means I used the “resist technique”, by sponging on Melon Mambo and Strawberry Slush ink to get the embossing to pop out!
  • To frame out my background I used black and then white card stock and the sentiment strip across the center matches my Bermuda Bay card base.
  • For the art piece; I used piece of Whisper White and die cut the heart thinlit, then I cut a circle out of it with the 5th from center circle framelit.
  • This is matted to a piece of Strawberry Slush cut the same size and then matted to a piece of Whisper White punched out with the 2-1/2″ circle punch….
  • Phew, are you tired yet!  haha….it seems like a lot, but it was fun and went quite quickly.
  • So, I also sponged a scrap of the shimmer white so I could stamp and cut out the two flowers, these were from the Stampin Up Bloomin Love Stamp Set….and they coordinate perfectly with the flowers cut out by the die…
  • The art piece is attached with Dimensionals and then embellished with a few Rhinestones.

http://p.feedblitz.com/t3.asp?/893011/5102594/5095745_/feeds.feedblitz.com/~/t/0/0/stampinwithsandi/~stampinwithsandi.com/?p=2814



Card Base:  Bermuda Bay 4-1/4 x 11, Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4, Basic Black 3-7/8 x 5-1/8.
Background:  Shimmery White 3-3/4 x 4
Sentiment Strip:  Bermuda Bay 1-1/4 x 5
Circle Art Piece:  Whisper White 4 x 4, Watermelon Wonder 3 x 3, Whisper White 3 x 3


Supplies used to create the Stampin Up First Sight card:
Price: $136.00
Stampin’ Dimensionals –

















No comments: