Monday, June 1, 2015

Corner Flip Card by Ddawn Olchefske


HSDT Fun Fold #4: You've Got This Sneak Peek Corner Flip Card

You're in for a treat today...with a sneak peek and a video!  As promised, I have a How'd She DO That? video featuring the Corner Flip Fun Fold card technique I shared the other day here.
You've Got This Corner Flip card Fun Fold HSDT video series by Dawn Olchefske #dostamping #stampinup
Today's card features a couple of sneak peek products coming in just a few days, June 2nd!  The You've Got This stamp set includes one floral image, three greetings and a "scratchy" background image (love!)
New Product includes:
  • You've Got This Stamp Set (139572w or 139575c)
  • 138334 Watermelon Wonder Cardstock (new In Color)
  • 138323 Watermelon Wonder Inkpad
  • 138292 Triple Banner Punch
  You've Got This Corner Flip card Fun Fold HSDT video series by Dawn Olchefske #dostamping #stampinup 
These banners were created with the new Triple Banner Punch and are 1" and 3/4" wide.  However, the punch was designed to cut three sizes; 2", 1-1/2", 1".  But I can see other sizes being cut too! See video for tips for using the punch.  
In addition, many of you have asked for a video demonstration of my trick for using the Handheld Stapler to attach Baker's Twine.  I've included tips for that in the video too!
WATCH VIDEO: Easy Corner Flip Fun Fold Card


Guy Greetings Corner Flip Fold card by Dawn Olchefske for DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge #134 #dostamping #stampinup
This week's challenge is a nautical challenge.  I first reached for the anchor image in The Open Seas stamp set.  But it was a little small.  Then I remembered the new Guy Greetings stamp set from the Occasions Catalog - it has a larger anchor image.  Exactly what I was looking for!  Plus with all the greetings in that set, I was bound for find the perfect greeting too!
Today's card has a unique fun fold called Corner Flip.  It's a fairly easy fold to do, but a little hard to explain in writing.  A How'd She DO That? video is in the making and will be coming soon.
Guy Greetings Corner Flip Fold card by Dawn Olchefske for DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge #134 #dostamping #stampinup
I really wanted a "knot" embellishment.  The only knot I can remember from my Girl Scout days is the square knot, so that's what we have here .  It's "anchored" down with a Glue Dot (front) and a Stampin' Dimensional (back), so it doesn't slide off.
I think my Dad will enjoy this card on Father's Day.



No comments: