Monday, June 15, 2015

From Land To Sea card by Sandi MacIver



Watercolor Stamping And Bokeh Technique


Stampin Up From Land to Sea Stamp Set, card by Sandi @ www.stampingwithsandi.com

  • I started by Heat Embossing the images twice in white onto watercolor paper
  • then I added a background wash starting at the bottom:
  • Elegant Eggplant, Lost Lagoon and Mint Macaron.

From Land to Sea card by Sandi @ www.stampingwithsandi.com


How to add a wash:
  • Squeeze your aqua painter in the center of the water color paper and let 2 or 3 drops fall.
  • Use the brush tip to wet the entire piece of paper
  • Use the ink pad lids and the brush tip to add the color letting them run together.
TIP – as it starts to dry, it will lighten, you can re-wet the section and add more color

building a circle stencil 

  • While I waited for the piece to dry, I used a Stampin Up Window Sheet and my Circle Framelits to create my own stencil.
  • You want to use different sized circles to create this stencil.
TIP – and you want to clean it when you are finished, unlike mine in this photo, haha….


Frm Land to Sea - adding the Bokeh Technique  Sandi @ www.stampingwithsandi.com
Next – I added the Bokeh Technique – originally a photography technique, and we carders have “borrowed” it, haha….
  • place the stencil over the art piece
  • add White Craft Ink with a Sponge Dauber in a circular motion.
TIP – make sure your art piece is dry before you start this or it will pick up the watercolor ink.

Stampin Up From Land to Sea and the Bokeh technique - Sandi @ www.stampingwithsandi.com 

gives you this cool effect at the end.  I love how it looks like sunlight dancing off the water.

Stampin Up From Land to Sea card by Sandi @ www.stampingwithsandi.com
Then of course you want to mat it and frame it…..

 
I like to keep my matting and framing really simple when I have a super busy art piece and I always pick colors I used in my piece
If you would like access to 4 videos and 4 more tutorials on this technique – we have an entire class loaded in the video library over at Stamping and Blogging – come on over and join the fun!.

http://stampingwithsandi.com/new-stamp-set-from-land-to-sea/

http://stampingwithsandi.com/welcome-to-stamping-blogging/







No comments: