Thursday, October 22, 2015

Delicate Ornament Thinlit Hot Air Balloon by Sandy Hancock



Delicate Ornament Thinlits Hot Air Balloon

Linda Heller made a hot air balloon like this out of the Delicate Ornament Thinlits.  What an out of the box thinker!!!!  I designed a different card to go with the balloon.


HotAirBalloon

I just decided to add three Pacific Point Candy Dots.  What do you think?

HotAirwithcandydots

Punch out three 1 3/4" Circles:  One in each of these colors:  Pacific Point, Real Red, and Daffodil Delight. Cut them in strips to fit on the back of the white ornament.  Cut the little hook part off of the hanger (the basket of the balloon).
  • Then I cut four 2" pieces of White Bakers Twine.
  • I put Tear & Tape onto the back of the little basket and pressed one end of each ofthe four pieces of twine onto it.
  • Mount the basket on a part of a dimensional.  I also mounted the balloon on dimensionals.
  • I anchored the other end of the string to the balloon with HALF of a Glue Dot.  The string will be too long. Put the half of the glue dot down first and press the string into it.
  • Then just trim off the excess Baker's Twine.
  • I used the largest Lots of Labels Framelit to cut a whole in the front of the Pacific Point card.
  • Then I added white c/s behind the hole, placed the # 6 (next to the largest) Framelit onto the white c/s and cut it out.
  • I sponged clouds onto a separate piece of white c/s and mounted it behind the opening.  This is the recessed layered look.  I love the layers!


Sandy's Blog



No comments: