Million Dollars in Sales, Oh My!
This is the card I made for my friend/upline Patty Bennett. Last month she achieved 1 Million Dollars in Career Sales. Patty has been a demonstrator for 20 years and was #9 to achieve this GREAT milestone. I am so honored to know her. She is an amazing mentor and friend.
I have been in a "shaker" card mode for the last couple of weeks. For this card I wanted it to be all "gold". So I took out everything I had that was gold. Sequins, cording, paper, embossing powder, you name it, I used it. I figured I needed to pull out all the stops. Its not everyday you achieve this milestone. Is it bad to realize that we don't sell the Brushed Gold paper anymore? I only have a little bit left. Also used the Heavy Whisper White cardstock. Love the extra weight. (wish I could say the same about myself......but that's another story).
The strip of stars is from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits. You can see on one strip I embossed only part of it. I've seen that done a lot lately. I used the Metallics Sequin Assortment, Whisper White Confetti Stars Boarder Punch and Gold Glitter to fill the "shaker" part of the card. TIP: When you think you have enough stuff in the shaker, add more. Mine was lacking. All of the layers are kept together with Glue Dots. Lots of them. The sentiment is from the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit. I made this card a couple of weeks ago and was going crazy trying to find the stamp set I used. I really hate when I do that. I usually put a sticky note on the back of the card until I get it posted on my blog, but since Patty already had the card, obviously that wouldn't have worked......I thought, I will remember.....yeah, not so much!
You can see all of the layers and the Gold Embossed Leaves. I also added some Pearls. I love all the layers.
You can see my other "shaker" card HERE! Also a tutorial on how I make the shaker part with Fun Foam. So much easier than dimensionals.
If you've been following my blog, you probably have heard me talk about how hard layering is for me. I always think of Kimberly Van Diepen (LOVE her stuff and she does lots of layering). So I did my best impression of Kimberly. I hope I did her proud!
Here is a quick tutorial. Instead of using dimensionals I used a layer of Fun Foam (2mm). Thank you to Erica Cerwin for this great idea. I found that the fun foam gets bigger when you put it through the Big Shot, which is why the fun foam layer is a 1/4" smaller that the top layer. You can use just about any shape to make your shaker card. I have been stuck on the leaflets Framelits. Boy have I got my monies worth on these Framelits. I stamped all of my leaves on Whisper White cardstock with Early Espresso Ink. The Into the Woods Designer Paper is cut at: 1 1/2" x 5 1/4" and adhered to the top layer BEFORE you die cut the leaf.
The Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie strips of leaves and pumpkins are from the Square Pillow Box Thinlits Dies. You just need a strip that is 5/8" wide and how ever long you want. They each have 3 leaves or pumpkins on the die and I ran each one through twice so I would have a total of 6 leaves and 6 pumpkins on each strip. Make sense?
I love layering all the Sequins, Ribbon, and leaves. I used glue dots to adhere each layer together. I am channeling my inner Kimberly Van Diepen. What does that mean? I love how Kimberly (she is also a Demonstrator) layers all of her projects and have admired her for a long time. I'm not good layering, but I'm learning.
Cindee's Blog





No comments:
Post a Comment