Splattered Stars
Hello Hello!
Let me begin by thanking you for all the wonderful comments received on
my last couple of project blog posts! For all those that have asked
(and so nicely I might add!) I'll be putting up a tutorial on my Harvest Moon card next week.
Right now I'm gearing up and putting the final touches on the first of
my 12 Weeks of Christmas newsletter due out tomorrow (have you signed up
yet?) but I thought I'd stop in here quick and do a little card share.
This technique is so ridiculously simple but gives such cool results!
And those little Sleigh Ride Framelits have inched their way closer to
the top of my favorite list. The houses and trees are so versatile -
they don't have to be created for Christmas scenes alone! I'll be
sharing a few more projects featuring these framelits over the next
while so stay tuned!
To recreate this card begin with a piece of Whisper White card stock and
sponge Tempting Turquoise over the entire piece. Sponge Blackberry
Bliss over the Tempting Turquoise, leaving some of it showing through.
Darken some areas and leave others lighter, this will essentially
appear as though you've used more colors than you actually have. Next
is the fun part! Dip your fingertips into a little water, shake off the
excess, and "flick" the remaining water over the card stock. When the
water dries your left with this cool splatter that given on what
background you use it on, can appear to be stars or snow! Told ya it
was ridiculously simple!!

-
Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock - 100730
Price: $10.50
-
Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock - 121045
Price: $8.75
-
Tempting Turquoise 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock - 102067
Price: $8.75
-
Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' Pad - 126952
Price: $8.00
-
Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Pad - 133642
Price: $8.00
-
Stamping Sponges - 101610
Price: $4.50
-
Big Shot - 113439
Price: $136.00
-
Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies - 139670
Price: $23.00
-
Multipurpose Liquid Glue - 110755
Price: $5.00
-
Stampin' Dimensionals - 104430
Price: $5.00
Melissa's Blog


No comments:
Post a Comment