Friday, July 10, 2015

Butterfly Easel Card by Terry Duncan


Easel Card

Hello Friends! I hope you are all having a great week. I am busy getting ready for Friday’s Card Making Class. We’re making 4 Christmas Cards with a matching box to keep them in. They will be great to give as a gift (or to keep for yourself!) It’s never too early to get a start on your Christmas cards. I will try to share them on here if I have time.Easel Cards
Today, I want to share another Easel Card we made at some of my classes last month. We also made the matching envelope using the Envelope Punch Board.
Never made an Easel Card before?  Here are basic directions for this card:
1.  Cut 2 pieces of Tangerine Tango Card Stock-1 at 4-1/4”  x  8-1/2″;  and 1 at 4-1/4″ x  4-1/4″.
2.  Score and fold the long piece of card stock at 4-1/4″.  Turn the card stock so that the 1/2 of the card base is away from you, score and fold the back half at 2-1/8″.  Fold the card stock toward you.  The side-view will look like a triangle.
3.  Adhere the smaller panel of  Tangerine Tango Card Stock to the folded part as shown in the diagram.  (Disregard the meaurements shown in the diagram and use the measurements I just gave you.)
Easel Card Diagram
4.  Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 4″ x  4″.  Stamp the images from the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set on it. Wrap a piece of ribbon around the bottom of this panel.  Cut out the 2 largest butterflies using the dies from the Butterflies Thinlits Dies Set. Stamp the honeycomb image over the die-cut butterflies and adhere them to the card front. Add Basic Rhinestones to the butterflies and glue the panel to the card base as shown in the diagram to the left. It will look like the photo below.Butterfly Basics Stamp Set





5.  I added a strip of Washi Tape across the bottom section of the card base along with another die-cut butterfly to hold the card open.







http://classycutupscreations.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/easel1-Copy.jpg


 http://classycutupscreations.com/

No comments: