Saturday, July 25, 2015

Control Freaks 2015 Convention Swap - Day 1 - by Patty Bennett



Today at the Stampin' UP! Convention, I am gathering with the Control Freaks group that I swap and blog hop with, and we are swapping cards at lunchtime at convention!  We are trading 2 cards each. This is one of the cards I'm trading with my fellow Control Freaks!

Birthday-blossoms-watercolor-wash-background-stampin-up-cards-pattystamps

I used the super amazing Watercolor Wash background stamp on all of my cards and isn't it amazing how each one looks a little different? I used Daffodil Delight and Watermelon Wonder ink pad on each one, spritzing it with water and then stamping it onto wet Watercolor paper!

Birthday-blossoms-watercolor-wash-background-stampin-up-card-pattystamps

I think I'll do a video for you showing how I stamped the background.  Would you like to see that?

Birthday-blossoms-watercolor-wash-background-stampin-up-card-pattystamps-flowers

 I stamped the pretty flowers from the Birthday Blossoms stamp set (pg 8 of the 2015-2016 Stampin' UP! catalog), punched them with the Pansy Punch (pg 167) and then just colored the centers with a Daffodil Delight marker.  The leaves are from the same set and I did a quick watercolor wash of Cucumber Crush on them before cutting them out.
I loved the pop of black from the layer of Basic Black cardstock AND the great 3/8" Stitched Satin Basic Black ribbon!


Price: $16.00
Price: $10.00




No comments: