Monday, November 2, 2015

Trifold Card With Video, by Patty Bennett



I am so excited to share this fun AND EASY tri-fold card with you today!
WATCH THE VIDEO below in this post for all the instructions plus bonus tips!

Trifold-home-for-christmas-tree-punch-card-stampin-up
All of these adorable elements were cut or punched out of the Home for Christmas designer paper in the Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog for 2015!! 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25LLz3bqr4&feature=youtu.be

  If you are unable to view the video, click here to view it on my blog or  PLEASE CLICK HERE to view it on my YouTube channel.

Tri-fold-home-for-christmas-stampin-up-cards-pattystamps

Being a former Structural Drafter... here is how my brain works... some of you will relate... if you don't, that's ok too... the video will help :)

Trifold-card-dimensions-pattystamps-stampin-up
Tri-fold-card-12x12-cut-diagonally-stampin-up-pattystamps

Below... what the card looks like when you open it..

Trifold-home-for-christmas-tree-punch-card-stampin-up-pattystamps-3

I embellished each punched tree with candy dots and a punched gold glimmer star!

Trifold-home-for-christmas-tree-punch-santa-on-way-card

Compare the difference... the trees above were punched out of the Home for Christmas tree patterned paper, and the trees below were fussy-cut individually out of the paper.... the punching is quicker, but the hand cut ones are so super pretty!!

Trifold-home-for-christmas-tree-card-stampin-up-pattystamps-2
Trifold-home-for-christmas-tree-card-stampin-up-pattystamps-4

The Santa and reindeer (or Bambi as I like to call him) are also cut out of the printed paper from the Home for Christmas package.  I added the smallest rhinestones onto the tips of each candle on the trees.. so pretty!

Trifold-home-for-christmas-tree-card-stampin-up-pattystamps

The perfect touch to finish off this card was a Wooden Snowflake embellishment with an Iced Rhinestone in the center!!  As I mentioned in the video, I colored the center of the rhinestone with a red Sharpie Marker. :)
Here are 3 versions of this Tri-fold Christmas Card - the video will show you how to make them!  Later this week I will post close up photos of the snowflake card (designed by Susan Adams).

Trifold-home-for-christmas-tree-cards-stampin-up-pattystamps

Trifold-home-for-christmas-tree-cards-stampin-up-pattystamps




Patty's Blog



No comments: