Woodland Cars: Embossing Folder - Male Card
My customers often ask for card ideas for the Males in their lives so
tonight I decided to give it a try. As we make 6 cards in the class I
wanted to keep it fairly simple, but of course it had to be eye-catching
too.
One of my favourite folders is the Woodland Textured Impressions
Embossing folder - gorgeous in its own right, but I wanted something
different. We were also using the Guy Greetings stamp set with some of
the other cards so I worked out how to get the vintage car image behind
the trees.
Here is the complete card.
So how do you get the image behind the trees? It really is quite simple.
First you swipe the folder with ink. I used Soft Suede and Night of
Navy. Swipe across the folder so you get a random coverage and also get
those gorgeous lines on the trees. Remember to swipe behind the side
that has the "Sizzix" label on it (top Left corner) so you get the tree
trunks as a positive (raised up) image. Just be careful not to put too
much ink where you are planning to stamp. Also start with the lighter
colour (Soft Suede) leaving clean spaces to add the Night of Navy ink.
This is also swiped on randomly using the ink pad directly onto the
embossing folder.
Next you will stamp the car images directly onto the same part of the
embossing folder in the position you want them to be. I used Memento Jet
Black for this. Be careful to stamp straight down and up or you may
smudge the image. I found a better image was achieved by holding the
stamp in position for a couple of seconds giving time for the ink to
transfer to the embossing folder.
Position the desired card size into the folder. Holding the folder
firmly closed, you can check what your image will look like. Make your
sandwich, use the Multipurpose Platform open to Tab 1 and pass through
the Big Shot
Voila! A really interesting image for you. It's always a bit
serendipitous as to the outcome, but that is one of the joys of this
technique.
To add more definition to the image I sponged both Soft Suede and Night of Navy around the edges of the card before matting onto a Thick White cardstock base.
I have so many ideas of how to use this technique now, and cannot wait to try them. It really is easy and quite quick to achieve great results.
Ann's Blog









No comments:
Post a Comment